The Vegetarian Vixen

The Vegetarian Vixen

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

It's almost one year!!

So I will admit that I have fallen off the radar lately and have not updated this blog in forever.  What I haven't fallen off is my vegetarian lifestyle. :-)  This weekend will be my one year vegetarian anniversary.  I am happy to say, that it will be one year for my husband as well.

I was recently contacted by Vegan Outreach and offered the help of a mentor to continue on my journey.  While I am not vegan (not yet at least), I reached out to them today and asked if there may be a lacto-ovo vegetarian mentor who has experience with fitness and weight training.  I am excited to hear back from them.

Last year, with 40 looming, I decided that in order to practice compassionate eating, and compassion towards all living things, I must also practice compassion towards myself.  It is easy to get caught up in the day to day grind and forget that.  I made a commitment to at least try to remember.  I started to put myself first, and slowly but surely, I began to give myself the gift of a fit lifestyle.

Below is a progress photo of my fitness journey as a vegetarian.  I am proud to share it with you, and hope to share even more progress over the next year to show just what is possible as a vegetarian.  Hoping I can work with Vegan Outreach to accomplish even more as a 41 year old!


No comments:

Post a Comment